One of my favorite happy hormone recipes
Butternut Squash Curry served over a Bed of Fresh Spinach
Prep time: 20 minutes, cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 19oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups spinach
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add vegetable broth and butternut squash. Cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until squash is almost tender.
- Add zucchini, chickpeas, cumin, cayenne, curry powder, tomatoes and raisins to the squash mixture. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the butternut squash curry over a bed of fresh spinach.
I hope you enjoy it too!
If you would like more delicious recipes with corresponding weekly shopping lists check out my new happy hormone recipe collection HERE