Hormone Balancing with Castor Oil Packs
Castor oil packs are stimulating, moving and something everyone should try. They promote healthy energy flow, and awaken any stuck or closed off pathways. Castor Oil (Ricinus communis) has a long and extensive history in curing an impressive variety of ailments and historical records reveal the medicinal use of castor oil hundreds of years ago in India, China,
Persia, Africa, Greece, Rome, Southern Europe and the Americas. Castor bean seeds have even been discovered in ancient Egyptian tombs. Health Benefits: When taken internally, castor oil is quite a strong laxative, but when applied topically in the form of a castor oil pack, it promotes lymphatic circulation, detoxification and hormonal balance. This stimulation improves immune function, liver detoxification, regular elimination, blood circulation and also helps decrease any congestion and inflammation in the body. The castor oil pack has many applications and is great for
the any of following conditions :
- Uterine fibroids, non-malignant ovarian cysts
- PMS, heavy and painful menstrual periods
- Poor immune defense
- Headaches and migraines
- Stress, anxiety and irritability
- Liver disorders, constipation, diarrhea, IBS
- Gallbladder inflammation or stones
- Inflamed joints
- General detoxification
Materials Needed for Castor Oil
- Organic castor oil
- 36” x 10” piece of cotton or flannel
- Hot water bottle or heating pad
- Plastic wrap (optional)
- Old towel
- Fold the flannel or cotton cloth so that it is 3 layers thick and an appropriate size to cover your abdomen.
- Pour castor oil onto cotton or flannel cloth until it is well moistened, but not dripping.
- Lie comfortably on your back. You may want a pillow under your knees or feet. Place the castor oil soaked cloth directly on your skin, covering the entire abdomen.
- Cover with plastic to prevent castor oil from leaking onto your clothes or furniture. Note: Castor oil does stain so use you may want to lie down on an old blanket or towel just in case it drips.
- Place the hot water bottle over the plastic, then cover with the towel to hold everything in place and insulate the heat.
- Relax with the castor oil pack in place for 30-60 minutes. This is an excellent time to practice visualization, meditation, or relaxation breathing.
- Remove the pack and wipe off any castor oil remaining on your skin.
- Store the pack in a large zip-lock bag. You can reuse the pack for at least 25 times before needing to replace it. Each time you use it you may need to add more oil to keep it saturated.
For maximum effectiveness, it is necessary to apply the pack as often as possible. Try for at least 4 consecutive days per week for a minimum of 8 weeks. People who use the pack daily will receive the most beneficial effects. When to Avoid Castor Oil Packs: Castor oil packs should not be applied to broken skin or used over the abdomen during pregnancy and/or menstruation. Do not apply directly over tumors. So, give the castor oil packs a try and feel the internal movement and balance. Enjoy!